Can Therapy Help Me?
If you are on this site, you may be wondering if therapy can help you, your loved one, or your family through a difficult transition. Going through a struggle or crisis is painful enough without opening yourself up to a complete stranger! So, before you take that step of calling or walking into an office, let's look at some of the benefits of therapy. A qualified counselor:
- will have a neutral, objective, outside perspective because he/she is not personally (emotionally) involved in your current situation.
- can help you identify "blind spots" or defense mechanisms that prevent you from seeing potential solutions.
- has the education and experience of helping others deal with similar issues, and can confidently and lovingly challenge you to move into a better space, personally and relationally.
- will be a non-judgmental, encouraging support for you and/or your family, and will join you in your healing journey.
- will have the knowledge and insight into issues and can help you explore options and potential outcomes while helping you uncover hidden strengths.
- can assist you in making healthier choices that lead you on the path of peace, confidence, clarity and healing.
Some benefits of counseling can be:
- Increased peace
- Increased understanding of own self-worth
- Increased ability to set appropriate boundaries
- Greater confidence
- Better relationships
- Awareness / Insight
- Ability to manage stress
- Increased inter-relatedness and intimacy
- Reduced fear and/or anxiety
- Decrease in depressive symptoms
- Resolution of trauma or grief
- Reduced / processed anger
- Ability to assertively express needs and wants
- Desire to pursue goals
- Increased hope for the future
Adapted from the American Psychological Association and professional experience.
For those who prefer a faith based approach to counseling, Christian Counseling is available.
If you would like more information on the counseling process or would like to schedule a consultation, please call.
Melinda Haynes, MA, LMFT
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
California lic. no. 102308
Serving Chico, Redding, Paradise, Oroville, Willows, Gridley
The persons depicted on this site are models. Photos do not represent or guarantee results.